Computer scientists are in great demand. CS graduates pursue careers in computing including Software Engineer, Network Analyst, Systems Engineer, Database Administrator and Web Developer positions. Others go on to careers in business, law, politics, and related fields in science or engineering. Many CS graduates pursue advanced degrees in Computer Science and other fields. Visit the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Computing Careers website for more information and resources on careers in the computing field.
The SSU Career Center arranges many services for our students, including on-campus job fairs, resume writing workshops and access to the Handshake job social network (it is like LinkedIn, but just for college students and employers seeking to hire college students and recent graduates).
The CS Department offers several resources for our students to use:
- Student Opportunities
- A listing of job and internship opportunities received by the department for students
- CS 391 (Computing Professions)
- Ace that interview. Take this 1-unit elective intended to help you on your job hunt.
- CS 497 (Internship)
- Arrange your own internship and you may be eligible to apply 1--3 units toward the major. See the related FAQ entry on internships for details.
- CS Alumni contacts
- Sometimes our alumni post job opportunities for our current students. Join our LinkedIn group and stay in the loop.
The following local companies have provided employment opportunities for our students in the past.
If you are a local company and want to be listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will include you.