The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE) Robotics Internship Program is a 10-week summer internship program for students majoring in a field related to robotics.
The program provides opportunities for high school seniors, undergraduate and graduate students and postgraduates to intern at federal national laboratories throughout the United States. The EERE Robotics Internship Program is sponsored by the EERE Advanced Manufacturing Office (AMO).
Why should I apply?
You will receive:
- Hands-on experience in development of future robotics technical, engineering, and advanced manufacturing technologies
- Development of professional networks with leading scientists and subject matter experts
- Identification of career goals and opportunities
Benefits include stipend, housing and inbound/outbound travel.
- Stipend starting at $700/week
- Travel reimbursement up to $2,000, if eligible
- Housing allowance of $150/week, if eligible
- Training/Research allowance up to $250
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years old by May 1, 2022.
- Be a high school senior, undergraduate or graduate student, or recent graduate of an accredited institution of higher education majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics discipline related to robotics and/or manufacturing.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at
Application and recommendations are due January 25, 2022, 11:59 PM EST.
For more information
Contact us at AMO.Internships@orise.orau.gov.
DOE has partnered with the Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) to manage this program.